Software Tech Enterprises is in search of a PostgreSQL Database Administrator. The PostgreSQL DBA will be responsible for:
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standing standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to team members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- Day to day administration of PostgreSQL databases in AWS.
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective PostgreSQL transition to production operations.
- Hadoop distribution experience, such as Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, etc.
- In depth knowledge of PostgreSQL architecture.
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using different tools.
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments.
- Conduct technical reviews and Walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL data warehouse environment.
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability.
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades.
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects.
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment.
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns.
- Generate reports of all processes and jobs currently running on PostgreSQL with details like users, start and end time, CPU Usage and time, Memory usage, IO Time, locking etc.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a related discipline with 11 years of professional experience.
Software Tech Enterprises offers a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, paid vacation and personal days, 401(k) and an Employee Assistance Program. To learn more about Software Tech Enterprises, visit us at www.software-tec.com.